ISTRO 2022 Abstract Submission Guidelines
Call for Abstracts is now open!
Abstract submissions are welcome for consideration for the International Soil Tillage Research Organisation Conference 2022, which will be held in Dublin, 22 – 26 May 2022.
Call for Abstracts Opens : 20 September 2021
Abstract Submission Deadline : 3 December 2021
Notification of Review Outcome : 25 January 2022
Deadline for accepted authors to register to confirm attendance : 23 February 2022
Programme Available Online : Week of 21st March
What are we looking for?
ISTRO promotes engagement among scientists working with and researching soil tillage, field traffic and their relationship with soil, environment, land use and crop production. While the specific theme of the conference is ‘Soil and tillage and the transition to digital agriculture,’ all contributions (e.g., basic and applied research, case studies, knowledge transfer activities) related to ISTRO activities are welcome.
An abstract can be submitted for presentation at the Conference as one of the following categories:
- Oral or Poster Presentation
- Oral Presentation
- Poster Presentation
At the review stage, the Programme Committee may change the presentation type submitted by the author to ensure the continuity of the conference programme i.e. oral presentation may be changed to poster presentation OR poster presentation to oral presentation. The presenting Author will be informed of any change to their submitted presentation type at the acceptance notification stage. The decision of the programme committee is final.
Oral presentations will be 15 minutes long (12 minutes presentation & 3 minutes Q&A)
Accepted posters will be asked to produce a poster for display at the conference. Presenters are asked to take note of the following guidelines when producing their poster:
- Maximum poster size is A0 (0.84 x 1.19m) (portrait orientation)
- Keep text to a minimum
- Ensure any text is in large font
- Use graphs, charts, and/or tables
- Ensure contents have a logical flow
- Make it colourful
- Removal and collection of posters at the end of the display period remains the responsibility of the presenter. Posters not removed by the indicated take down time will be removed and disposed of.
Previously presented or submitted abstracts
Abstracts that present a new take or interpretation of work that has been previously published or presented may be submitted for consideration for ISTRO 2022. Direct copy of a previously presented or published abstract is not acceptable. The abstract must not plagiarise previous work and must take a different angle. Please email ISTRO@conferencepartners.ie if you are unsure about submitting previously presented work.
It is ESSENTIAL that you read the guidelines below before you submit.
Abstracts which do not adhere to the guidelines will not be reviewed.
Who submits the abstract?
The Presenting Author must submit the abstract and will act as the main point of contact for the abstract with organisers.
Once you enter the online submission portal, start by creating an account. Please keep a record of the account details you use to set up the account as you will require them to log into both the ISTRO 2022 abstract submission portal and Conference registration portal. Upon successful submission of the abstract a confirmation email will be sent to the Presenting Author.
If you have not received a confirmation email, please check that your abstract is not left in draft and is fully submitted by logging back into the portal and checking on the Edit/View Abstracts page.
How to edit a submitted abstract?
You can save your submission as a draft and return to edit the submission at a later point. It is important to note that once it has been submitted the abstract cannot be edited after the abstract submission deadline. Ensure that your abstract is not left in draft as it will not be reviewed.
Submission Details Required
The online abstract submission is a simple step-by-step process and will ask you to input the following details:
- Abstract title – word limit is 15
- Presentation type – Oral or Poster, Poster, Oral
- Theme – chosen from the theme list above
- Presenting Author – Name, affiliation, and job title of presenting author (this person must be listed as the first author)
- Co-Authors – Name, affiliation, and job title of co-author(s)
- Abstract text – Abstract word limit is 400, if possible please use abstract headings listed below (word limit includes: headings/references; excludes: title, authors and affiliations)
- Key Results
- Conclusions Drawn
- Additional information
- Are you an ISTRO member?
- Are you a young scientist?
- Do you wish to be considered for a bursary?
- Data consent agreement
- Publication of abstract agreement
- Alternative contact for abstract
Registration of the Abstract Presenter
When notified of acceptance, the Presenting Author is required to accept the offer by registering for the conference and paying in full by 23 February. You will be provided with a link to register at this rate in your acceptance email.
A registered presenter is limited to a maximum of 1 oral and 1 poster presentation at the conference.
If a presenter fails to register by 23 February they:
- Will be removed from the programme
- Will be removed from all ISTRO 2022 related publications
Terms and Conditions
- The abstract submitted adheres to the abstract submission guidelines outlined on the Conference Website.
- The abstract submitted is in English.
- This abstract has only been submitted once for ISTRO 2022.
- It is the responsibility of the presenting author to submit the abstract. They are the main contact whose responsibility it is to communicate with other co-authors.
- The presenting author is available to present at the conference between 22 – 26 May 2022.
- The presenting author must register and pay in full by the deadline indicated in the abstract review outcome email. If they do not register and pay in full, the abstract will be removed from the programme and any associated publications.
- The text of the abstract, along with the names and affiliations, poster and/or additional documents as requested, will be published on the conference website, in the abstract document and on the conference app, and this will not raise any copyright issues.
- A submission as a particular presentation type or theme may be changed to a different type following review in order to be accepted and included in the programme.
- Presenters may be recorded for live streaming. A recording of the presentation and a copy of the slides may be published online after the conference.
If you have any queries regarding the above, please contact the ISTRO 2022 Programme Team ISTRO@conferencepartners.ie